Tips > How to Plan a Party at a Restaurant
Having a party at a restaurant is a fantastic option
if you want to leave the cleanup and responsibility
to someone else. Here's how.
- Choose a few restaurants you really like. Base your choices on personal experience, friends' recommendations and restaurant guidebooks like the Zagat series.
- Speak to the managers of these establishments about renting a room - or the whole place, depending on the size of your party.
- Have a conversation with the manager regarding the menu, the drinks, the bouncer and who's to pay for the services.
- Create and sign a contract for the services, and be prepared to pay a deposit.
- Send out invitations - via mail or e-mail - to the elite list of potential attendees.
- Arrive early the day of the party and decorate if allowed and/or desired.
- Treat the employees of the restaurant with the utmost respect and courtesy.
- Mingle with your friends, enjoy good food and beverages and have a terrific time.
- Pay the manager the remaining balance, and tip like you just won the lottery.
You may want to offer a no-host bar to defray some costs, or consider serving only beer and wine. Some restaurants will allow you to bring in your own wine, but they'll probably charge a corkage fee per bottle.
- Be clear on any time limit imposed by the restaurant. Speak to the manager and work out an agreement.
- Find out if you'll be charged an extra fee for cleanup. If so, you may want to consider doing it yourself.
- Be mindful of your spending limits before agreeing to have an open bar.
All the info to throw THE perfect party at
your fingertips! We give you details on
your chosen party theme, we suggest
what you do about party supply, we have
lots of party invitation ideas, party
costume ideas, party decoration ideas,
party game ideas, party favor ideas and
even party cake ideas.
Planning a party is fun, exciting & easy!
With our help, you can plan the most
original party ever. And what's more,
you'll have a huge amount of fun doing it.
This party will be the one every one will